Ted talks: 10 ways to have better conversation
I’ve got to say I’ve seen my fair share of TEDtalks, as I’m sure many of you have as well. This one caught me by surprise though, Celeste Headlee is someone worth listening to. The skill of listening is something I personally struggle with daily and will always work on because at the end of the day… listening could be the most important skill no one is talking about. Hope you enjoy the video!
1. Don’t multitask
2. Don’t pontificate (express one’s opinions in a way considered annoyingly pompous and dogmatic)
3. Use open-ended questions
4. Go with the flow
5. If you don’t know, say that you don’t know
6. Don’t equate your experience with theirs
7. Try not to repeat yourself
8. Stay out of the weeds(details)
9. LISTEN… no man ever listened there way out of a job.
10. Be brief